• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue The certificate of the server is invalid

NeoTrafy

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello and thanks in advance.

I have a problem with the mail setup. My server hostname is mail.domain.tld and has a certificate (Comodo - Positive SSL). It works great for my domain but the clients with their own domain are not working properly.
I did setup autodiscover and if I test with Outlook 2019 it says too mail.domain.tld but for no obvious reason, when I add the account, automatically sais imap.myclient.tld instead of the mail.domain.tld.
I also tried to install Lets Encrypt for clients as wildcard to use it both for www and for the mail. But then the error sais the certificate is not correct for the server (mail.domain.tld).
As workaround I do manual setup while using Windows and change the incoming and outgoing server to use the proper host. But that's not an option on mobile, I use to work with myMail because it worked even if the certificate was not correct, but suddenly stopped but there's no option to change the hosts.
Can you guys help me to do a proper setup for the mail? Either force the mail.domain.tld or to add certificates for the clients' domains. There are more than 120 domains to setup.
Thanks again,
Neo.

Back