1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

The directory (/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/website.nl/linkex we is not writable

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Linux' started by Jean01, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Jean01

Jean01 New Pleskian

Hi All,

Hi All,

I'm kinda newly with Parallels Plesk panel 11.0.9.
    I have installed Parallels with success, unfortunate it seems there encountered some difficulties.

I have set my home domain (/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/website.nl/) and installed linkex
    and got the message "The directory (/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/website.nl/linkex/) we is not writable"

After a lot of google i found out that that the Chown user probably is nog set correct.
    All Files Are Chmod 777. but the error still occurs.

the domains have the main user:Me and group: psaserv and the files inside are: main user: Me and group: psacln
    Some files in de main directory are set to root such as conf and private, not sure if this matters.

The main thing i want to do is get linked working on my server.

Does anyone has a solution for this?
    It seems that most forums come up with Chown the owner, but i have no clue if this solves the problem and how and where to do this(even not after a whole lot of Googling.

Looking forward for some feedback!
    Thanks in advance.
    Gr. Jean

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Why you create domain's home directory as /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/website.nl/ instead of /var/www/vhosts/website.nl/ ?

3. Jean01

Jean01 New Pleskian

Mhh You mean why not create a new webspace and then upload the website.nl/linkex

I Will try to work this arround.

Does anyone have a solution to get this writeable, to my knowledge this must be possible?

"The directory (/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/website.nl/linkex/) we is not writable"
    Thanks in advance.

4. MislavO

MislavO Regular Pleskian

85%
    Well if you access to "domain.com/website.nl/linkex/ through web browser, if there is no, e.g. index.html or index.php in "linkex" directory you will get permission denied.

Directory/domain/subdomain created through plesk will always have group permission user:group something: psaserv, and files inside that folder will have something: psacln. What are you trying to "write" in that directory?

If you create file with root:root permission, e.g. index.html and give him standard chown "644", it will be visible/accessible through web browser, something else is problem with you. Also, please note that giving permissions 777 is not solution to the problem/s.

If you want i can connect to you with teamviewer and check things a bit, i have some free time today (send me PM or add me on skype). Also use IgorG suggestion.