• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

The directory (/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/website.nl/linkex we is not writable

Jean01

New Pleskian
Hi All,

Hi All,

I'm kinda newly with Parallels Plesk panel 11.0.9.
I have installed Parallels with success, unfortunate it seems there encountered some difficulties.

I have set my home domain (/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/website.nl/) and installed linkex
and got the message "The directory (/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/website.nl/linkex/) we is not writable"

After a lot of google i found out that that the Chown user probably is nog set correct.
All Files Are Chmod 777. but the error still occurs.

the domains have the main user:Me and group: psaserv and the files inside are: main user: Me and group: psacln
Some files in de main directory are set to root such as conf and private, not sure if this matters.

The main thing i want to do is get linked working on my server.

Does anyone has a solution for this?
It seems that most forums come up with Chown the owner, but i have no clue if this solves the problem and how and where to do this(even not after a whole lot of Googling.

Looking forward for some feedback!
Thanks in advance.
Gr. Jean

Why you create domain's home directory as /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/website.nl/ instead of /var/www/vhosts/website.nl/ ?

Mhh You mean why not create a new webspace and then upload the website.nl/linkex

I Will try to work this arround.

Does anyone have a solution to get this writeable, to my knowledge this must be possible?

"The directory (/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/website.nl/linkex/) we is not writable"
Thanks in advance.

Well if you access to "domain.com/website.nl/linkex/ through web browser, if there is no, e.g. index.html or index.php in "linkex" directory you will get permission denied.

Directory/domain/subdomain created through plesk will always have group permission user:group something: psaserv, and files inside that folder will have something: psacln. What are you trying to "write" in that directory?

If you create file with root:root permission, e.g. index.html and give him standard chown "644", it will be visible/accessible through web browser, something else is problem with you. Also, please note that giving permissions 777 is not solution to the problem/s.

If you want i can connect to you with teamviewer and check things a bit, i have some free time today (send me PM or add me on skype). Also use IgorG suggestion.

Back