• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved The dump has content errors!

CGI1979

Basic Pleskian
This error keeps repeating with automatic backups, manual backups work like a charm.

The following error occurred during the scheduled backup process:

Runtime error: The dump has content errors! at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1268.
; The dump has content errors!

Error is still there, now with:
Cannot stat: No such file or directory /bin/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

I checked the setting "do not compress" but still the same error.

"Cannot stat" normally occurs when files that were removed between the time when the backup catalog is created and the file is actually processed into an archive. This is frequently the case for cache files (temporary files). The only way to prevent this from happening is to select the "disable websites" option during backup. However, then the websites will be offline until the backup is finished.

This is really annoying:

Error:
@ESCAPE_VALUE_BEGIN@Runtime error: The dump has content errors! at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1268. @ESCAPE_VALUE_END@
Error:
@ESCAPE_VALUE_BEGIN@The dump has content errors!@ESCAPE_VALUE_END@

We getting this error almost randomly when backing up web files.

Cannot stat: Permission denied

The files have been there since 2017 so aren't new or being changed. They also have the same permissions as other files that don't get this error. Owned by the client and psacln

Some days I get the permission denied error and the next day I don't on the same file.

We are using this version
Plesk Onyx
Version 17.0.17 Update #60, last updated on Dec 4, 2018

Any ideas?

Random "permission denied" errors could point to issues with inodes or a cloud environment. Maybe your server resources are insufficient.

It is with AWS... Could it require more CPU? Or something else? It is a bit of a worry for stability. The CPU isn't running out of credits or such.

I think that your provider should solve this for you. The Plesk software only grabs what the operating system tells it. So if the OS says "permission denied" the software responds accordingly. It does not check itself (e.g. by direct access to the disk) what permissions are set on a file.

It is very likely a software issue. Depending on the platform that is used it could be an issue with a virtualization environment, e.g. that a virtual drive cannot access the real drive for some unknown reason. Random "permission denied" errors should be solved by your hosting provider. Please contact their support on the issue.

Back