• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

The Plesk database is corrupt

E

eleblanc

Hi,

I tried to install a SSL certificate on a site, (using dedicated IP). But when i go in the server>IP address , to assign the certificate to the IP. I get this error

Warning: The Plesk database is corrupt. Please launch the Reconfigurator utility to fix it

So i went at use the reconfigurator, with no luck.

And in the SSL certificate drop box to select the certificate i will assign to the ip, the one i've installed won'T show up. Mostlikly because of this error.

This is kind of urgent because i was renewing a certificate and now the order wizard of the site does not have any certificate.

I get the same error using Plesk 8.1.

Plesk reconfigurator didn't help.

Oh well...

Solution to the "Plesk database is corrupt" problem

I was able to solve this problem on my Plesk 8.6.0 for Windows installation. You can read all about it on my blog entry Warning: The Plesk database is corrupt. Please launch the Reconfigurator utility to fix it. However, here's a summary of the steps I used to solve the problem:

1. On the web server, navigate to %plesk_dir%\admin\db. There you should find the Microsoft Access database files psa.mdb and psa.ldb.

2. Make a copy of these files as a backup (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V).

3. Copy these files to a computer with Visual Studio (or Access) installed.

4. Open the database (in VS, use Server Explorer), open the "repository" and "certificates" tables.

5. Manually implement the SQL statement

delete from repository where rep_id=1 and component_id not in (select id from certificates);

Note: I found the repository rep_id, component_ids to be:

1, 1
1, 2
1, 3
1, 4

However, the certificate IDs were 1, 2, 3 and 10. So instead of deleting the row, I modified the value from "4" to "10".

6. Copy the two database files back to the server.

7. Try reproducing the problem in Plesk. The problem went away for me!

Back