• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved "The Plesk license is not compatible with the Plesk Multi Server service node."

Hey everyone, good evening

I'm having some troubles while retrieving a licence key one one of my nodes (that are part of a multi server setup, in case this does matter).

"Next license key update" says 5th August 2017 - yet, I get the warning "The Plesk license is not compatible with the Plesk Multi Server service node. Please update the license" - however, when I do so it will just refresh the current page and nothing else happens.
Upon clicking "Retrieve Keys" (Tools & Settings > Licence Management) it tells me that my licence key is up-to-date.2017-07-16_2119.png
2017-07-16_2124.png

One possible reason/solution was found here - however, this table is empty for me: Plesk cannot retrieve license key: An error occurred while processing your key

Furthermore I would have wanted to check the firewall-settings, yet, obviously they are not accessible anymore due to the licensing issue.

"iptables -L" would return the following (the very same as all other, working nodes):
root@webserverX /tmp # iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination​

"telnet ka.plesk.com 5224" again would return what is expected (and is the same as on my working nodes):
root@webserverX /tmp # telnet ka.plesk.com 5224
Trying 195.214.233.80...
Connected to ka.plesk.com.
Escape character is '^]'.​

Even though this is a generic statement by every user/client/customer - as a matter of fact it was working under same condition at least on Friday. The only thing that comes to my mind is that enabling Firewall rules may caused this issue, however I'm rather sure I did revert this change already on all my nodes since I was running into troubles with FTP connections on other nodes.

Anyone got a hint for me about what may be going on here?
Thanks in advance for any input!

The response time of you guys is awesome :)

Message from Plesk Sales Support:
Please note, the Plesk product license key installed at the Management Node defines the maximum number of domains that can be hosted simultaneously throughout all the subscriptions on all the connected Service Nodes. This means that if the Web Pro license is installed on the Management Node, the entire Plesk Multi Server can host no more than 30 domains at one time.

Please check the following: Plesk Multi-Server error: Your Plesk license has expired or is incompatible with Plesk Multi Server

We can advise you to try to remove Multi Server license from the additional keys section (Tools & Settings > License Management) and then to retrieve or install Plesk license once again?

Please note, as your Plesk license belongs to Generic Hosting Provider Name, they are your first point of contact for support and general inquiries, even though an additional key was purchased from us directly. You can check the following article regarding on how to get support for Plesk: How to get technical support for Plesk?

Long story short - "We can advise you to try to remove Multi Server license from the additional keys section (Tools & Settings > License Management) and then to retrieve or install Plesk license once again?" in fact did solve the problem.

Back