• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

The server response was: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

Storm_

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I've just recently installed Plesk Panel 11.5. Previously I was using a basic IIS Mail Server with the current server allowed to relay messages for my Web Sites.

After installing Plesk, I went to Tools & Settings -> Server-Wide Mail Settings. In there, I have relaying set to Authorization is required (SMTP) and for the relay access I have the following 3 entries:
127.0.0.1/32
::1/128
<My Servers IP>/32

Whenever one of my sites tries to use this server now to send out mail, I keep getting the following error:
Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local

I've been struggling with this issue for weeks now and have read all the documentation and forum posts I could think of, I've restarted the server, I've run
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>mchk --all --fix=all

The e-mail accounts that I'm using to send mail from has nothing to do with this server and it's domains, I'm just trying to set the mail server to start sending mails like my IIS server used to.

Any assistance would be appreciated as I'm totally at my wits end at this point and don't know what to do anymore other than uninstall the software and go back to my basic but trusty little IIS SMTP app.

An Update:
I've found the setting to Open Relay on the server and have activated it, yet whenever one of the websites attempts to send a mail, the same response is received.
Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local

Last edited:
Hi IgorG,

Thanks for that, I'm aware of that issue, but I haven't set up any mailboxes or websites, all I'm trying to do, is get the server to allow my current IIS Websites to send mail out like my IIS SMTP Server used to do.

Here is what my mail server settings look like:
Capture.PNG

@IgorG: Thanks to your link to mail enable (didn't realise they were a separate company), I managed to find out that it is merely a separate piece of software which is installed and can be configured separately from Plesk. Through their own documentation and their server configuration I was able to sort the issue and then walk backwards up to the Plesk Panel and now that is all running smoothly.
After I was done playing, I also ran:
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>mchk --all --fix=all
to resync everything and tested to make sure there wasn't still something manually configured on Mail Enable and that everything further could be done from the Plesk Panel

For the sake of hopefully helping someone else, here's the link I used on Mail Enables knowledgebase which gives a nice run down of how Relay is configured:
http://www.mailenable.com/documentation/7.0/standard/smtp_props_-_relay.html

Back