• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved The specified domain name is not a valid RFC domain

Piekielko

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
I am trying to add a CNAME record for certificate verification from Amazon but I get an error.

I do this according to Amazon's documentation:

Attachments

• rfc.png
    rfc.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 11
I solved the problem by adding a record without the "_" sign.
Then in Plesk database in the column: "dns_recs" I added this missing character.
Then in Plesk I updated all my DNS records.

Can confirm same issue with Plesk 18.0.46 on CentOS, a CNAME record selector1._domainkey.<customer.xx> to: selector1-<customer.xx>._domainkey.<customer>.onmicrosoft.com
"The specified domain name is not a valid RFC domain"
Previously configured CNAME records give the same error but new records can't be added.
Probably caused by the change: "It is no longer possible to create a CNAME DNS record using an IP address as the canonical name. (PPP-57900)" since the last update.

Attachments

• invalidcname.png
    invalidcname.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 7
Same (latest) Plesk version installed.

We now the same issue with DNS CNAME records regarding the use of an _ in the value.

Really puts a damper on trying to add DKIM keys from Microsoft...

This is getting ridiculous!!!
These underscores are valid tokens within RFC's
Why doesn't that programmer read those RFC's for once.... This has been going on for more than 13 years.

Then I couldn't properly make SRV-records
This wrong CNAME checking was in there, but got fixed.
I'm still waiting for the fix so that NS-records can have an underscore and now suddenly the underscores can't be applied to CNAMEs again.

Now you're going to tell me that I can vote to get a fix.

FIX that programmer with its checks which don't check!!!

For the _acme-challenge NS-records I created a workaround script....

Back