• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

The user name could not be found(Exception from HRESULT: 0x800708AD)

E

endera

I installed plesk 9.0 on windows 2008 server.

I tried to repair plesk from reconfiguration.
I got the error below
The user name could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800708AD)

Enabling windows authentication from IIS did not resolve the problem.

Can any one please help me with this error?

It is known issue for Plesk developers. Corresponding bug has been submitted and fix should be released soon.
​This happens because Reconfigurator tries to get anonymous user from IIS, and add it into psaserv group. On W2k8 this user is IUSR, but he is system user and can be resolved only by name 'NT AUTHORITY\IUSR'.
For solving this issue, you can skip "Plesk Server Accounts" operation, and finish this operation manually by adding user 'IUSR' into group 'psaserv'.

did not work for me

I have enabled user 'IUSR' into group 'psaserv'. but the problem continues.

any other solution to fix this bug?

JuanE

I Am also getting this error on v 9.5.2. Is there a solution available for this version?

Hi,

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem, When I run Check & Repair and I either select all the items or simply "Plesk Server Accounts" I always get the message:

The user name could not be found

I'm running Windows 2008 Server R2 and plesk 9.3 upgraded to 9.5.2 before installing any domains.

Please help.

Thanx

Javier
La Paz, Bolivia

Error 0x800708AD Plesk Server Accounts breaks SqlServer permissions too

I have that same problem (error 0x800708AD) but in my case, after that error happens, when you try to restart SqlServer 2005 Express service, it can't start because permissions.

After that, I have tested it in a virtual machine with a clean installed Windows Web Server 2008 and Plesk 9.5.2.

1.- Check that all works fine (sqlserver service ok, access to databases ok)
2.- Execute Plesk Reconfigurator > Repair Plesk installation > Plesk Server Accounts.
3.- Restart SqlServer service and it can't start anymore.

The errors in eventlog, in the order it happens:

Plesk Reconfigurator
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800708AD): The user name could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800708AD)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntries.Find(String name, String schemaClassName)
at reconfigurator.ADGroup.AddUser(trustee t)
at reconfigurator.CheckPleskAccounts.Run()

MSSQLSERVER Event ID 5123
CREATE FILE encountered operating system error 5(Access is denied.) while attempting to open or create the physical file 'C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MSSQL\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\tempdb.mdf'.

MSSQLSERVER Event ID 17207
FCB::Open: Operating system error 5(Access is denied.) occurred while creating or opening file 'C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MSSQL\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\tempdb.mdf'. Diagnose and correct the operating system error, and retry the operation.

MSSQLSERVER Event ID 17204
FCB::Open failed: Could not open file C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MSSQL\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\tempdb.mdf for file number 1. OS error: 5(Access is denied.).

Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider Event ID 7024
The SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) service terminated with service-specific error 1814 (0x716).

We see that error really in the next reboot of the server, and with a BIG PANIC after trying to start the sqlserver without success after hours we must copy all the databases to another sqlserver and change all the webs to point to the new sqlserver (6 hours after).

With more patience, we discover that managing manually the permissions over the databases the service can start.

We have tried too in the virtual test machine the workaround of the top of that thread (to replace the reconfigurator.exe) but not solve the sqlserver permissions over the databases. The service can't start.

I have attached screen captures of errors.

Any workaround for returning the production server to its initial database permissions state?

Attachments

• 02-execute-plesk-reconfigurator.jpg
    02-execute-plesk-reconfigurator.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 03-option-plesk-server-accounts.jpg
    03-option-plesk-server-accounts.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 04-error-check-and-repair.jpg
    04-error-check-and-repair.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 05-eventlog-errors.jpg
    05-eventlog-errors.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 06-eventlog-error1.jpg
    06-eventlog-error1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 2
The rest screen captures.

Attachments

• 07-eventlog-error2.jpg
    07-eventlog-error2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 08-eventlog-error3.jpg
    08-eventlog-error3.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 09-eventlog-error4.jpg
    09-eventlog-error4.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 10-eventlog-error5.jpg
    10-eventlog-error5.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1
In the corrupted machine the NetworkService and LocalService are into the psaserv group. I see that in the virtual clean installed machine the psaserv don't contains the networkservice and localservice, only contains IUSRPLEK_atmail, IUSRPLESK_horde and NT AUTHORITY\IUSR.

I believe that this is the point that is causing the problems with sqlserver because sqlserver service runs under NetworkService, and there exists a rule that deny total control to psaserv group on mssql data directory.

Must I remove the NetworkService and LocalService from psaserv group?

Help please!!

Back