• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue The Wdcollect service is not responding

BrinsleyP

Regular Pleskian
When i try activate the Watchdog this error show;

Error: The Wdcollect service is not responding. Refer to Plesk technical support for help.

How to fix this, i trry restart, reinstall and nothing work...

Please check that cURL version 7.66 or higher is installed with:

# curl --version

Since curl 7.66.0, HTTP/0.9 is disabled by default. But HTTP/0.9 is used by the watchdog wdcollect service. There is Plesk bug #PPP-44914

As a possible solution reinstall curl package from the OS vendor repository.

Please check that cURL version 7.66 or higher is installed with:

# curl --version

Since curl 7.66.0, HTTP/0.9 is disabled by default. But HTTP/0.9 is used by the watchdog wdcollect service. There is Plesk bug #PPP-44914

As a possible solution reinstall curl package from the OS vendor repository.

Hello, yes the curl is 7.61

S, how to reinstall ow downgrade this version ?

Please read carefully:

What is the output of command:

# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/modules/watchdog/wd --start

?

Hello, i prefer reinstall this new server, and all runs fine now, but some question apear now...

in root the curl is 7.63
Imgur
XAgpF0a

and in the account using phpinfo the curl is 7.29
Imgur
Dx8Fwsf

how to fix this, to root and clients have same version 7.63 ?

Some tip on how to update/config this and no broken the server ?
Sorry, but I don’t understand why you need it? Why are versions of curl and libcurl in the context of PHP so important to you?

Sorry, but I don’t understand why you need it? Why are versions of curl and libcurl in the context of PHP so important to you?

Hello
Why, some services like a php newsletter, whmcs, nodejs services, and some ERP CMS and CRM need it.

And some my clients asked why no runs fine yours "systems"

So, when i looking for cause, its the cURL old

And IF i use old version, the server runs fine but application dont. But if update the cURL, apps run OK but watchdog no.

I'd suggest you fill detailed report here Reports with expectation in the end "Help with sorting out".

I was burned by the same thing. the security warnings say that the current version of CURL is insecure, and you must upgrade, but it breaks PLESK if the curl is upgraded :(
I am currently between a rock and a hard place :)

Back