• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.

Mihail Llaftiu

New Pleskian
Hello,

i would like to ask why i cannot update components and plesk itself on administrator-server (summary.html)?
Since i tried to add some php-functions on my server some components-functions won't work anymore and from command pop-ups always error messages. So i would appreciate very much any help for problem im facing since then. To help you more i 'm going to post what i 'm facing on each page. So:

..in plesk ("Install and Update Plesk") on "Summary": The Yum utility failed to install the required packages. (with components are disabled/not clicable.)

..in plesk ("Install and Update Plesk") on "Updates source and installation settings": It shown

..in command (server root): after i try to remove and re-install yum it shown an error
Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: environment-modules-3.2.10-0.el6.remi.x86_64 (remi)
Requires: libtcl8.5.so()(64bit)
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
** Found 10 pre-existing rpmdb problem(s), 'yum check' output follows:
crda-3.13_2015.10.22-3.el6.x86_64 has missing requires of libgcrypt.so.11()(64bit)
cryptsetup-luks-libs-1.2.0-11.el6.x86_64 has missing requires of libgcrypt.so.11()(64bit)
cryptsetup-luks-libs-1.2.0-11.el6.x86_64 has missing requires of libgcrypt.so.11(GCRYPT_1.2)(64bit)
gnupg2-2.0.14-8.el6.x86_64 has missing requires of libgcrypt.so.11()(64bit)
gnupg2-2.0.14-8.el6.x86_64 has missing requires of libgcrypt.so.11(GCRYPT_1.2)(64bit)
gnutls-2.8.5-19.el6_7.x86_64 has missing requires of libgcrypt >= ('0', '1.2.2', None)
gnutls-2.8.5-19.el6_7.x86_64 has missing requires of libgcrypt.so.11()(64bit)
gnutls-2.8.5-19.el6_7.x86_64 has missing requires of libgcrypt.so.11(GCRYPT_1.2)(64bit)
libxslt-1.1.26-2.el6_3.1.x86_64 has missing requires of libgcrypt.so.11()(64bit)
libxslt-1.1.26-2.el6_3.1.x86_64 has missing requires of libgcrypt.so.11(GCRYPT_1.2)(64bit)

Thank you in advance, every help will be appreciate it!

Last edited:
It looks like that you completely damaged rpmdb with your experiments with third-party repositories and packages.
I would suggest you disable all third-party repos like epel, etc. and rebuild rpmdb with something like:

# rm /var/lib/rpm/__db.*
# rpm --rebuilddb

after that run

# yum clean all
# yum update
# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

I'm not sure that it help, but you can try at least.

Hello @IgorG ,

Yes you 're right about the fact that trying third-party repositories i damaged my server. I 'm trying to learn more the server, it's functionality and how it can work better, but seems that some mistakes were part of it also.
Before start trying these commands, i would like to ask:

1. ...if there will be any dissaster to websistes and wep-apps that are already running?
  2. ...and/or at databases?
  3. In case yes how can i take a backup so i can restore at this point again, anytime? (if there is nothing to do with front-end like websites or databases or components, ignore it)
Thank you in advance for your reply and help, i appreciate it!

...if there will be any dissaster to websistes and wep-apps that are already running?
No, if you will not agree to remove some kind of important packages if it offered :)
...and/or at databases?
No, if you will not agree to remove some kind of important packages like mysql, if it offered :)
In case yes how can i take a backup so i can restore at this point again, anytime? (if there is nothing to do with front-end like websites or databases or components, ignore it)
If you afraid some kind of disaster, it would be better to ask help from Plesk Support Team. They will fix the issue directly on your server.

If you afraid some kind of disaster, it would be better to ask help from Plesk Support Team. They will fix the issue directly on your server.

Dear @IgorG , is something like that free?... and if yes, do i have contact the hosting company that owns the server that i rent?... or do i have to talk directly on plesk support?
Thank you in advance, and sorry if i 'm bothering you!

Back