• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

things in main.cf get overwritten when changing unrelated "Mail Server Settings"

wurzelpete

New Pleskian
Hi!
I have edited the main.cf file to integrate some anti-spam settings which work flawlessly. Now I noticed that whenever I change something completely unrelated in the "Mail Server Settings"-Page, some of these settings get removed and replaced with default values.

In particular these settings of mine
Code:
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
 permit_mynetworks,
 permit_sasl_authenticated,
 reject_non_fqdn_sender,
 reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
 reject_unknown_sender_domain,
 reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
 reject_unknown_client_hostname,
 reject_unauth_destination,
 reject_rbl_client ix.dnsbl.manitu.net
get replaced by
Code:
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination
Obviously I want to keep my own settings even if I change something in Plesk on the "Mail Server Settings" page (and wherever else).

How can I prevent Plesk from overwriting my own settings of smtpd_recipient_restrictions?

Thanks for your help!

Doesn't Plesk use postconf to add and delete values?
It shouldn't touch any of the already existing settings I thought.

IgorG, can you verify?

I face the same issue and there are several trigger when plesk overwrite/replace the main.cf. I have as a workaround a cronjob who checks if the main.cf was modified and replace it with my version. Hopefully there will be a better solution

Last edited:
Back