• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

This is the Pleskâ„¢ default page

• Thread starter ceherringfxzone
  • Start date
C

ceherringfxzone

let me start by saying = new to plesk :)

I have 6 domains, all registered within about 1 days of each other. 2 of them are working fine the other four are not. (getting the "this is the plesk default page:)

I have searched up and down on this forum and havenot been able to fix this.

of the 4 pages that are not working only 1 of them brings up the an actual preview of the site from with in plesk. (this is the same one that can be reached if you type in the IP/<domain>.com)

all of them (6 domains) have the exact DNS records but each obviously has their own Name servers.

why would two work fine and 4 not work at all.

are you sure you deleted out the old index.html that is created. If you uploaded a index.htm or default .htm/html it will not take precedence over the index.html.

I actually got it all worked out, it had to do with IIS5 settings, had to reroute IP's and set up webmail to reflect those IP changes as well. Everything works like a charm 100% rock solid. :)

I forgot to say, If anyone is having this problem, make sure your internal IPs and external IPs are in the correct spots on your plesk and in IIS5 or IIS6 manager.

Originally posted by ceherringfxzone
I forgot to say, If anyone is having this problem, make sure your internal IPs and external IPs are in the correct spots on your plesk and in IIS5 or IIS6 manager.

And that would be ...exactly where? I.ve got IIS 6

Would this be the reason that my site is not showing up outside the lan?

I get the place holder when viewed on the server, but the defaulf plesk page on client system inside the lan.

When tried to view externaly, i get page can not be displayed...server timed out.

actually to make this easier, just make sure your Domains in Plesk are set to your internal IP (EXample: 192.1681.1) and your A,MX,NS,mail ect. records are set to external IP (EXample 78.120.47.20)

If your like most people you have a static IP from a carrier and is going through a NAT to reach your w2003 machine.

so in plesk, your IPs listed for your domains would show internal IP's while the DNS records reflect the External IP (IP from carrier),

respond back if this helps

OK, well that makes sence. I originaly had the sites set to the external ip ( as this is how i had it set up when i was using APACHE config).

I will try your suggestion. I'm in the middle of rebuilding the new server, so i'll let you know how it goes as soon as i have fininished.

Thanks

Originally posted by ceherringfxzone
actually to make this easier, just make sure your Domains in Plesk are set to your internal IP (EXample: 192.1681.1) and your A,MX,NS,mail ect. records are set to external IP (EXample 78.120.47.20)

If your like most people you have a static IP from a carrier and is going through a NAT to reach your w2003 machine.

so in plesk, your IPs listed for your domains would show internal IP's while the DNS records reflect the External IP (IP from carrier),

respond back if this helps

Ok, The server is rebuilt.

I can view the site over the lan, but not over the net.
How do i change the internal IP of the records ( A,MX,NS.....) As the records automaticly change to reflect the ip that i have choosen for the domain.

BTW, i also get a dialogue box asking me to login when i try to view over the lan. so i login and i can see the site, but why is it asking for login???

Back