• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

time scale for update?

L

lhwparis

We have many confirmed bugs with plesk 10.0.1 in this forum many of them are critical bugs and issue daily usage of plesk10. Plesk10 release date is now over 3 weaks ago and there no bugfix release and no information about an upcoming bugfix release or a time scale for such a release. @Parallels can you please provide some more information to your customers??

I too am wondering on the timeline for a bugfix release. I am tired of having to deal with these rediculous work arounds and editing of the database manually to get things working the way they should. It feels to me like Parallels doesn't really care if their customers are struggling or experiencing problems with a software that was released premature.

yes and its a shame that parellels is completly ignoring threads like this :( very good customer relationship

1.5 month since release now and no update. we have seen some hotfixes provided from IgorG in this forum. why parallels dont bundle them and release a first bugfix release? ok it might take a little longer to fix all open issues but why you wanna fix all bugs together?

What about several micro-updates for fixing critical problems?

microupdates are security updates no bugfixes or am i wrong?

Bugfixes are issued in the minor updates and sometimes in micro-updates too.

thats exactly what we want Igor;)
you have provided some hotfixes in this forum. why we cant see this hotfixes as micro-updates as soon as they are ready and tested? why we have to wait for plesk 10.1 with critical bugs? for example the migration problems with .htaccess files, imap-folders and mail-forwarding-adresses. i am sure not every Plesk user read this forum before migration. so every day you wait releasing bugfixes like this (as micro updates) you generate more and more frustrated customers because their migration fails...

It is not always possible to eliminate problems by microupdates. For many fixes a lot of time for testing and development is required. Resources of the company for the quick fixes of all problems aren't borderless. Before Plesk update releases I publish set of workarounds/fixes/etc. for current Plesk version as KB articles.

thanks Igor. hope we ll see a x-mas present from parallels and will get a very nice working 10.1 within the next days;)

for all of you wating for 10.1: STRATO a german hoster says "parallels will release 10.1 in the first week of january"
hope thats true;)

I've heard 11th of january (or mid-january), but that was like two months ago... maybe they are ahead of schedule? :)

Edit: Wow! My post was added instantly - no moderation. Just like old times. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not always possible to eliminate problems by microupdates. For many fixes a lot of time for testing and development is required. Resources of the company for the quick fixes of all problems aren't borderless. Before Plesk update releases I publish set of workarounds/fixes/etc. for current Plesk version as KB articles.

If any amount of testing is done before you release software how come you can release such a pile of ALPHA-LEVEL software as Plesk 10 ?

Back