1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Time zone synchronization

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by matija, Feb 12, 2006.

1. matija

matija Guest

Has anyone figured out which server/address does work to synchronize time with?

With every time server I enter, I get error:

Unable to execute (net time \\pool.ntp.org /set /y): System error 1231 has occurred.

The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help.

Note: pool.ntp.org is server I try to sync my time with... tried with other ones as well, no luck.

URL's?

2. Pavluha

Pavluha Guest

Please try time.windows.com

3. matija

matija Guest

Still not working?!

Unable to execute (net time \\time.windows.com /set /y): System error 53 has occurred.

The network path was not found.

If I put http:// prefix, Plesk returns path not found.

4. JackL

JackL Guest

Try to use w32tm utility

John S.G.

5. matija

matija Guest

Then, what's the use of Plesk time synchronization?

6. softpac2000

softpac2000 Guest

Matija,

Use: "time.nist.gov"

Hope this helps!
    Ricardo...:cool:

7. matija

matija Guest

Thanks... I've been testing and all these addresses work fine from within Windows (double click on time in sys tray -> time synchronization), but Plesk continues to give error "The network path was not found."

Weird...