• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Tips for moving domain?

Z

zboyblue

I am almost ready to move all my domains from my old Plesk server to the new 7.5.2 server. I have one domain in particular that gets a LOT of mail (at least several messages every few seconds). What would be the BEST way to move this domain to the new server without loosing any mail or clients downloading duplicates?

I planned on using Migrator for the job and then I was going to go into the DNS settings on the old server and point everything to the new server. Then I was going to go to the registrar and make the change and once the change is completely propogated I can bring the old sever down. Tell me if any of that sounds wrong but also tell me how in all of this am I going to stop mail from being delivered to the old server while I am making the move (and also after the move, won't some mail servers still have the old IP cached?)

Let me know your thoughts.

Craig

Back