• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Title and Mata tags

S

snyhof

In the version 4.0 template there is nothing at the top or in the template documentation about the title tag or the keyword phrases meta tag or the description meta tag.

I did see that version 3 templates have these fields...

<asp:literal runat="server" text="<%CompanyInfo:SiteTitle%" /></title>
<meta name="KEYWORDS" content="<%$CompanyInfo:SiteKeywords%>">
<meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="<%$CompanyInfo:SiteDescription%>">

Does version 4.0 support this or does the templates apply these lines of code when a user adds their company name, and meta tag keywords and description in the Edit page of the wizard?

As I figured out in source code for templates there is no keywords, description meta..etc.but if you compile, install it and then check master.page file for template you will see these fields.
So in spite of missing these fields in source code they are exists and are processed correctly by Sitebuilder.
Try to create some page with keywords and description and after that check source code for it. At the beginning of each page you should see <head><meta ....

Thank you very much, I didn't think to look at the source code.
Will do.

$SiteTitle$

I have another similar question.

I am not using the $SiteTitle$ in my custom templates because of the limited fonts to use.

However, I would like to add it if it is part of the <title>.

Any ideas of how to add this without showing it on the page?
And, without coloring it to match the theme as that will be rejected by search engines.

Hello,
There is no options to provide <title> tag by design templates - site'e engine generates own tag using the user-defined string.
Could you tell me in details why do you want to set <title> tag in design template? We'll try to figure out how to solve problem, or add a new feature in future releases.

I am fine. I did not see any documentation on how the <title> tags worked. I seen that v3.0 had <title> tags in the design and that it was missing from v4.0 so I was wondering if I was supposed to add it.

I haven't tested it, but Dmitry said it is generated into the page and viewable in the source code of the page, so I am all set.

Re: $SiteTitle$

Originally posted by snyhof
I have another similar question.

I am not using the $SiteTitle$ in my custom templates because of the limited fonts to use.

However, I would like to add it if it is part of the <title>.

Any ideas of how to add this without showing it on the page?
And, without coloring it to match the theme as that will be rejected by search engines.

Back to this question...
If I do not have the $SiteTitle$ in my template design, the title on the browser says: not supported - Home (Home being the page you are on).

I typically like to add the Company Name (Title) into my header image because I can match their company font.

What I did do is add the $SiteTitle$ to the end of $Copyright$ in the footer, like... $Copyright$ $SiteTitle$. This way I can add ...

$Copyright$: Copyright by
$SiteTitle$: Company Name Inc.

Making the footer: Copyright by Company Name Inc.
Now the Title (Company Name) shows up in the browser.

So for now I think this will work.

Re: Re: $SiteTitle$

Originally posted by snyhof
If I do not have the $SiteTitle$ in my template design, the title on the browser says: not supported - Home (Home being the page you are on).
Huh, I see... It's bug actually. 'SiteTitle' variable should be always editable and user-entered values should not gets overriden with 'not supported' string. We'll fix it.

Back