• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved TLSv1.3

Walter

Basic Pleskian
It doesn't appear as though Plesk formally supports TLSv1.3. Either that or the sslmng command needs to be updated. How would you enable TLSv1.3 for nginx?

Code:
user@pleskserver:~# plesk sbin sslmng --custom --protocols="TLSv1.2 TLSv1.3"
WARNING:Ignoring unsuppored protocol TLSv1.3

Code:
user@pleskserver:~# plesk -v
Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update #22
    Update date: 2017/09/18 06:25
     Build date: 2017/03/17 16:00

Code:
user@pleskserver:~# nginx -v
nginx version: nginx/1.11.10

I missed my own version before posting the request. I am using nginx 1.11 and not 1.13

http://nginx.org/en/CHANGES
Changes with nginx 1.13.0 25 Apr 2017
*) Feature: the "TLSv1.3" parameter of the "ssl_protocols" directive.

Still interested in understanding where I can customize the TLS protocols and ciphers...

I realized my error before your response and altered my question... I posted that I found my issue with the nginx version but am still interested in understanding where one would customize the protocols and ciphers for nginx manually?

Hi Walter,

where one would customize the protocols and ciphers for nginx manually?
A "find" - command helps you to display the corresponding files over your command line ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ), which use settings for "ssl_ciphers" or/and "ssl_protocols" at nginx - configuration - files.

Examples:
Code:
find /etc/nginx -type f -name "*.conf" -exec grep --color -Hni "ssl_ciphers" {} \;
and
Code:
find /etc/nginx -type f -name "*.conf" -exec grep --color -Hni "ssl_protocols" {} \;

Thank you UFHH01. Didn't just hand me a fish but gave me the pole, worm and hook!

/etc/nginx/conf.d/ssl.conf

Back