• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Tomcat war file is uploaded but status of application does not correspond

MOcean

New Pleskian
Dear all,

I am running Plesk (Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update #18) on Ubuntu 16.04 at a Host Europe Virtual Server.

My goal is to run a *.war file (Geoserver from GeoServer)

I activated the Tomcat extension and checked that the service is running with services tomcat8 status

In Plesk I created a subdomain and clicked on Java Applications to upload the *.war file.

The error is (marked as a yellow circle) and the application is not reachable in the browser.

Actual status of the application does not correspond to the status retrieved from the database.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

MOcean

Yes Same problem

‪Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7.5 (Maipo)‬
Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3 Update #87

Tomcat run inside server and no error on deployment. Previously the same application run same server

Seem to be bug, Plesk support have a look and let me know ?

IgorG please respond the issue

Found I have old backup Version 17.5.3 Update #82 and works fine . However when we upgrade or repair something update patch automatically and cause problem ie Actual status of the application does not correspond to the status retrieved from the database.

The older plesk patch ie before # 82 support java 1.7 and latest patch # 87 support java 1.8 seems to be configuration issue

Last edited:
IgorG Please respond. I did tested various latest plesk patch won't support Java application that too you have accepted plesk version 17.5.3

IgorG, We don't have any issue on Tomcat 7 version. However we have issue on Java. We we update latest plesk. its automatically update java 7 to java 8 that cause your plesk not accepted and yellow status Actual status of the application does not correspond to the status retrieved from the database.

The plesk status should be green .

FYI - In our application support both java version ie Java 7 & java 8

I hope you clear my points

Thanks
Binesh

Back