• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Total Domain

O

omegauser

Guest
Hi,

How many domains can a Server really support??? lets assume that I have a PIV 2.8 GHZ and 80HDD and 1GB RAM with unlimited domain license and 1.5 Terabyte of transfer?

I have seen servers with 900 Domains or so, any sugestions?

Thanks.
 
There is no hard limit.

When I worked at Plesk, I remember we had some crazy customers who had like 8k - 10k domains on a single server. Granted it was a pretty beefy quad cpu machine, but you get the point.

Personally I think that grossly overselling your servers is a huge risk. You are much better off getting lots of small servers and putting a few hundred domains on each, to spread the load. That being said, it doesn't take a few hundred domains to overload a server. One highly active domain can easily trash a server.

It's up to you as the admin of the server to decide where your threshold is.
 
Back
Top