• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Transfer complete Server with plesk

jonny_alex

Basic Pleskian
Hi guys,

I'm going to move from a provider in switzerland hosttech.ch to another provider located in Germany Alfahosting.

Reason for the move is pricing wich is very different outside of switzerland compared to germany.

My question is how can i provide a safe and secure transfer without any complications or loss of Data or without a fallout.

How can i do this the best way, that i can transfer all settings 1to1?

Jonny

You can either create a backup and restore the full backup to the new server or your can use Plesk Migrator to migrate your accounts and websites.

@jonny_alex, are you moving the actual hardware or just moving the data from one rented server to another? If the latter, then the task is somewhat simpler and the main tools and procedures to look up are those that Peter mentioned.

In any case, plan ahead and make contingency plans for various scenarios. In my experience, one of the main critical points to look out for is the DNS. If you manage to keep the full control of the DNS at all the times, the move can be completed with virtually no service downtime. In ideal conditions, site owners and visitors don't need to notice anything.

Back