• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Transfer domain from godaddy

W

woss

Hi all,
I'm new on this.
I don't know how to use PLESK so I would be very grateful for any help.

I want to transfer domain form my old godaddy account to my new dedicated server.
I use plesk 8.4 and I don't know how to transfer my domain.
I made all actions that I read on godaddy's help. I unlock domains and now I don't know how to transfer them to my server..
Can anyone help.

thanks,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

The process of transferring a domain, as explained on the GoDaddy site, is for transferring from one Domain Name registrar to another Domain Name registrar (e.g. you want to pay another company every year to register your domain name).

If, instead, you want to to make your domain name point to a hosting account in Plesk running on your own dedicated server (or VPS), then you need to do something completely different - those instructions you read have no relevence.

Go to this page: http://www.cymru1.net/linux-vps/vps-hints-and-tips.php
And click on "Understanding and setting up DNS" for more information on what you need to do. Read it carefully -- every word!

Basically it involves creating nameservers/host records, or, if you prefer, simply changing some of the DNS settings for your domain via your GoDaddy control panel to point the A records and MX records to your Plesk server.

Faris.

You don't transfer

As a seasoned Go Daddy customer and reseller and former employee, I guess the question is "do you have a shared hosting account with Go Daddy that you need to cancel?"

If so, backup your existing site and then you are going to add a host entry on your domain, and then change your name servers. Here is the link to the instructions:

http://help.godaddy.com/topic/90/article/198

Hope this helps

Setting up DNS

Hi guys,
@faris THANKS A LOT :):)
I've read that part and I set up dns and all things that are needed to site point to my new hosting.
Unfortunately I have only one IP address so I created alfa & beta DNS on the same IP address, like

alfa.7signals.biz

beta.7signals.biz.
I created main template and add www.7signals.biz as my master domain.
Then I setup information where my site is hosted( this is that part where I have to put alfa and beta on godaddy.)

@azwalt67 yes, I have hosting at godaddy, but I don't wanna to cancel it because I didn't have any larger incident with the and it's cheap so I can put there info websites.
But I still have questions about setting up domain right.
Basically I have to change informations in "Domain manager" section of desired domain in order to work with my new hosting.

But transfering the domain doesn't make any difference. And you can register a domain or transfer domain or renew the domain from tucktail at a cheaper cost of $1.99 offer. its starts $1.99 at tucktail

Back