• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Transfer domains from reseller account.

S

Satch22

So! I have Plesk for Windows version 7.5.6 installed. I had setup a partner as a reseller who decided he didn't want to work for himself anymore and has now quit. I need to transfer the few domain he setup under his account to mine so that I can manage them. How do I do this in this version. I do not want to delete them and re-add them.

Thanks!
Eddie
Eon Web Design
http://www.eonwebdesign.com

I'm just thinking out loud here...but can you go into the MySQL database that holds all of the domain info (port 8306) and modify the "domains" table?

If you change the "cl_id" field to the number that matches your client account, that might do it.

I have never done this, and am not sure if it will cause other issues, so I would be sure to backup the DB befor attempting any such hacks.

Let us know what you find out.

To transfer domain from one client to another the following Plesk command line utility is used:

"%plesk_bin%\domain.exe" -u <domain name> -clogin <client login name>

<domain name> is domain name that you want to transfer.
<client login name> is login name of a client that you want to transfer domain

I used domain.exe for this back in 7.0 and got problems with the backup. Is that solved?

It is for Plesk 7.5 only. Firstly you should upgrade your Plesk.

Back