1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer domains from reseller account.

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Satch22, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Satch22

Satch22 Guest

So! I have Plesk for Windows version 7.5.6 installed. I had setup a partner as a reseller who decided he didn't want to work for himself anymore and has now quit. I need to transfer the few domain he setup under his account to mine so that I can manage them. How do I do this in this version. I do not want to delete them and re-add them.

Thanks!
    Eddie
    Eon Web Design
    http://www.eonwebdesign.com

2. FFCus

FFCus Guest

I'm just thinking out loud here...but can you go into the MySQL database that holds all of the domain info (port 8306) and modify the "domains" table?

If you change the "cl_id" field to the number that matches your client account, that might do it.

I have never done this, and am not sure if it will cause other issues, so I would be sure to backup the DB befor attempting any such hacks.

Let us know what you find out.

3. jbuts

jbuts Guest

To transfer domain from one client to another the following Plesk command line utility is used:

"%plesk_bin%\domain.exe" -u <domain name> -clogin <client login name>

<domain name> is domain name that you want to transfer.
    <client login name> is login name of a client that you want to transfer domain

4. FFCus

FFCus Guest

Even better! Thanks for the info.

5. AbsolutelyFreeW

AbsolutelyFreeW Guest

I used domain.exe for this back in 7.0 and got problems with the backup. Is that solved?

6. vekna

vekna Guest

It is for Plesk 7.5 only. Firstly you should upgrade your Plesk.

7. AbsolutelyFreeW

AbsolutelyFreeW Guest

no, the option was there for 7.0 too