• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Transfer my domains into another plesk server?

M

marcosacramento

I'm switching hosting company and i have plesk there and on the new company i also have plesk.
What's the best way to transfer all domains and files, defs, etc... to another server?

Best Regards

Marco Sacramento

Use the migration manager on the new server. Point it to the ip address on the old server. It will import the configuration settings from the old server.

transferring from one system to another

Marco,

You can create a full backup dump file and move it to the destination server... and restore it... one caveat is that you must be using the same version of Plesk on the destination server as the source system.

Hi

I am trying to move my website to a new hosting.

Both servers run Plesk 7.5.4 Reloaded.

I've created a backup of the domain, and stored it on the new server via FTP.
Then, on the new server I've "uploaded" the backup file from FTP (connected to 127.0.0.1) to Plesk.

Now I have the backup file on the new server Plesk's "Backup files repository".

But when I click on that backup, after a few minutes I'm getting an error: "Backup file does not exist."

When testing it with a small backup file (a backup of the new server, 44KB backup file...) everything works fine..

The backup file is very large - 2.90 GB.
Maybe it's just some kind of a timeout problem ?

Is it at all the right way to transfer the website?
I can't think of another easy way to transfer a 15GB MySQL database between these two servers..

Please assist..

Thank you!

Back