• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Transferring large database via ssh

G

greenchicken

Ok I have Plesk8

I have a Vbulletin forum

I have a large database I want to transfer via ssh

I am new to ssh very new

Say I upload a database to httpdocs on account example.com

and I wanted to move that database to my database list by ssh

what are the exact command lines to do this and is it possible?

TIA
Total newbie, wanting to learn

If you've got a mysql DB, I think that the easiest thing to do is to export/import it via PHPMyAdmin rather than moving the DB files from one server to the other...

Or the best way, not the easiest would be to use a mysql client like SQLyog, you connect to the old server and to your actual plesk web server (via VPN module of Plesk, OpenSSL). Then you select to "copy a database to a different Host/DB".

You might find this article usefull:
backup and restore a mysql database

The question is: what've you uploaded?

It can be *.sql, then just simply you enter directory with that file, and execute:
mysql -u username -p -D database < yourfile.sql

You can create user and database via PHPMyAdmin for example. Don't even think of uploading large db via PHPMyA - it won't work. ;)

If you have a hardcopy of *.MYD, *.MYI, *.frm files just upload them to mysql's data directory (it depends on what system you have). For example to /var/lib/mysql/database/ and you're done (just remember to create a user for that database).

Back