• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Trial License

johnr

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux
Plesk version and microupdate number
We have several Plesk Lienses. Tody I added rwo new servers and wanted to add a trial liense to migrate the data from old servers. I entered 2 different emails ( not used before) and no emails from Plesk. Looks like the trial license process is broken. And why can't we get trial licenses from same email. We just use the same to set up the servers and then promptly buy the same from our vendor. We are big fans of Plesk and are trying to migrate all our cPanel servers. But this process just seems to cumbersome and now it does not work. Any ideas? BTW, I installed Plesk from their website which works well. But without the license cannot get in.

During the installation of Plesk, one of the option is if you want to trial it or use a license. If you choose to trial it, it'll generate and install the trial key for you. You can log into Plesk 360 to check if you got the trail keys there (and you can have multiple trail licenses under a single email address. I have plenty of times for testing on new VPS)

Please note that the trail license only gives you access to 3 domains. Since you're migrating data from an old server to a new, you probably have more than 3 domains, you'll want to open a ticket with Plesk's Licensing and Purchase Support team by going to Licensing and Purchase support

Please note that they'll ask for the following information:

1. Private and public IPs of the server you need a trial license for
  2. Number of domains you need to migrate
  3. Current trial license number if available
  4. Approximate time you need for migration

(I went through a server migration recently and needed a trial key for more than 3 domains and that's what they've asked for.)

Refer to the following articles for more infromation:

During the installation of Plesk, one of the option is if you want to trial it or use a license. If you choose to trial it, it'll generate and install the trial key for you. You can log into Plesk 360 to check if you got the trail keys there (and you can have multiple trail licenses under a single email address. I have plenty of times for testing on new VPS)

Please note that the trail license only gives you access to 3 domains. Since you're migrating data from an old server to a new, you probably have more than 3 domains, you'll want to open a ticket with Plesk's Licensing and Purchase Support team by going to Licensing and Purchase support

Please note that they'll ask for the following information:

(I went through a server migration recently and needed a trial key for more than 3 domains and that's what they've asked for.)

Refer to the following articles for more infromation:
Thank you for the details. Forgot about Plesk360. Have a few servers there as I was testing it last year. Its great and will add all our servers to it. Thanks again

Thank you for the details. Forgot about Plesk360. Have a few servers there as I was testing it last year. Its great and will add all our servers to it. Thanks again
Have another issue. The trial license is limited to just 3 domains...although it says web host. The server I am migrating from has 11. So now do I have to buy the license, migrate the data and then cancel the license from the old server. If so, this defeats the purpose of a trial license and seems cumbersome.

Back