• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Trouble after Plesk Update 8.4 to 8.6

W

Webhentschel

Hello,

after the Plesk update some Domains not running. If i want delete / Create /change a Domain or i only want to look in the dns setting:

ERROR: PleskMainDBException
MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'serial' in 'field list'

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: PleskMainDBException
MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'serial' in 'field list'

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:250
db_query(string 'select `id`,`name`,`displayName`,`email`,`status`,`type`,`ttl`,`ttl_unit`,`refresh`,`refresh_unit`,`retry`,`retry_unit`,`expire`,`expire_unit`,`minimum`,`minimum_unit`,`serial`,`serial_format` from dns_zone where `id`=26')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.Table.php:180
Table->select()
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/dns/DNSZone.php:56
DNSZone->DNSZone(string '26')
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:2930
objectMaker(string 'DNSZone', string '26')
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/dns/DNSManager.php:37
DNSManager::getDNSZone(string '26')
5: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.Domain.php:682
Domain->getDNSZone()
6: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/ui/client.domain.dns.php:76
plesk__client__domain__dns->getDNSZone()
7: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/ui_common/DNSUIPointer.php:88
DNSUIPointer->getFlavor()
8: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/UIPointer.php:834
UIPointer->getCaption(string 'done', string '', NULL null, object of type UserAdmin, NULL null, string '')
9: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:3887
wizard_get_done_message()
10: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/plesk.php:18

The column "serial" is missing from the database table dns_zone.
Not sure if this will fix it but it won't do any harm either:
- server -> database
- open phpmyadmin
- select psa database
- select table dns_zone
- click structure
- add field "serial":

field: serial
type: varchar(12)
collation: ascii_bin
NULL: No
default: 0

Same problem

Hello MajorWinters,

do you know where to look for the sql-scripts that are applied to the database when plesk upgrades?
I had the same problem and also needed the serial_format field. With the sql-file it would be easier
to apply all updates needed. Otherwise maybe in 1week/month... an error will occur and I dont know why.

Best regards

I found the code for the fixes

Look into the target directory for the downloads.

There should be a directory PSA_8.6.0 with dist-rpm-xxx-x86_64

Navigate to base/psa-8.6.0-suse10-1-build86080722.00.x86_64.rpm

In the rpm under INFO/SCRIPT you can find then POSTIN

Search for db_fix_soa_serial_84()

there you find the commands

db_fix_add_column dns_zone serial_format enum('UNIXTIMESTAMP','YYYYMMDDNN') NOT NULL default 'UNIXTIMESTAMP'
db_fix_add_column dns_zone serial VARCHAR(12) CHARACTER SET ASCII COLLATE ascii_bin NOT NULL default 0

So the sql command to add the fields are

ALTER TABLE `dns_zone` add `serial` VARCHAR( 12 ) CHARACTER SET ascii COLLATE ascii_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE `dns_zone` add `serial_format` ENUM( 'UNIXTIMESTAMP', 'YYYYMMDDNN' ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'UNIXTIMESTAMP'

DB-Schema

The database schema can be found under

/usr/local/psa/etc/db/psa_db.sql

Internal Plesk error occurred: MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'serial' in 'field

My server crashed 2 days back because of the MySql database. Even the main PSA database behind Plesk got corrupted. and I re-installed my server after taking back-ups of all my web files and databases. When I restored my files, all my sites where up and Plesk was fully functional. But email would not work. When click on Domain->Mail the error "Internal Plesk error occurred: MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'serial' in 'field list' "gets displayed. Has anyone solved this kind of error??Please help..!

Back