1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Troubleshooting "the parameter is incorrect"

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by fgwpt, Sep 22, 2005.

  1. fgwpt

    fgwpt Guest

    0
     
    Last year I acquired this server from a local ISP; part of that configuration included a Plesk license. Subsequent to that, the ISP dropped support for Windows platforms so I'm living in this world where they won't support the platform. I have no problems understanding Windows, IIS, etc. But Plesk is yet one more layered component to me...

    Shortly after the ISP dropped support I started getting a nice daily e-mail from Plesk entitled "The Plesk Schedule notification". The contents say:

    For user: Administrator
    Unable to run task.
    Unable to get file (\\?\c: ) attributes: (87) The parameter is incorrect.

    As far as I can tell, there is nothing wrong with my C drive, so I cannot ascertain from this error message why Plesk thinks there is something wrong with the drive.

    I've poked around, but I can't find anything specific to this error message. Thus, I've just dutifully deleted these e-mails each day for the past 10 months.

    However, now I'm trying to add an SSL certificate to one of my sites. But when I try to look at the IP Pool (which is what the directions I'm following say I need to look at next) I get a dialog box with the following text:

    "Unable to exec utility ifmng: Unable to get file (\\?\c: ) attributes: (87) The parameter is incorrect.
    0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.IPPoolList.php:90 psaerror(string "Unable to exec utility ifmng: Unable to get file (\\?\c: ) attributes: (87) The parameter is incorrect.")
    1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.cList.php3:69 ippoollist->fetchippoollist()
    2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.cList.php3:86 ippoollist->fetchlist()
    3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\clients\cl_pool.php3:95 ippoollist->init()"

    And of course it says "ok". Since this is not "ok", I close the dialog box and the text is repeated on the web page.

    I spent a couple of hours tonight trying to find some configuration file that I could change but met with little success (I did find the certificates in the process).

    I've installed SSL certificates numerous times into IIS, but never done this through Plesk. Of course, since I created the CSR through Plesk I can't use it in IIS (at least not that I could figure out - IIS wants the private password for the private key, for example.)

    Any insight is most appreciated since I can't find anything in the FAQ, the documentation or from searching this forum. Given my poor success with Plesk thus far, I'm hesitant to buy the upgrade since I know that might just make the situation worse, not better.

    Server is Windows Server 2003 running on an x86 platform (I've never seen the equipment, as it sits in a server room somewhere down in Texas). Moving to another ISP is another possible option, but I've had miserable luck in the past so I've been living with a minor annoyance problem.

    Thanks!

    Tony
     
  2. fgwpt

    fgwpt Guest

    0
     
    Nothing like answering your own posts

    It appears that part of my problem was in trusting the "auto updater" that said everything was "up to date". i'd tried using the reconfigurator to check settings and other basic steps, but I finally "bit the bullet" and installed the hot fixes and service packs shown on the SWSoft web site. The configuration problem now has resolved with the installation of those service packs.

    Tony
     
Loading...