• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Try to create a database server MySQL

Fester77NL

New Pleskian
Hello all,
I am trying to create a database server. But I get a server error. SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) The database can then be seen in the overview. When I try to add a database I get this message: Error: No database servers are available for this subscription. I've done this regularly with no problems. And now this?
Could someone help me?

hello @Fester77NL ,

probably appropriate service plan (that you are trying assign to subscription) does not allow to create databases ?

another reason, probably you need to go to tools & Settings > Database Servers
and verify that the appropriate MySQL server not marked as having troubles ?

did you find more detailed error message in plesk's php_error.log ?

Hello Fester77NL,

As per my knowledge, there are two types of errors that can be seen while adding the database server.
Access denied for user ‘admin’@’mysql server IP’ to database or Access denied ‘server IP address is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server.

However, By Default, a Connection to the MySQL server is allowed from the Localhost. Only in one condition, the Plesk server should be connected to a remote MySQL server, Where, it is supposed to allow access to the MySQL server. Here, the user can manage the databases from Pericular IP addresses.

And as you have said, it shows errors like Database servers are not available for this subscription. So that error has o be something dealing with your current hosting plan. And I would still suggest you ensure that Port 3306 is opened on the server which is running the MySQL server.

I can suggest you some simple steps to try,
- Using CLI on the database server, Enter in MySQL database.
- Verify if the admin user already exists on the server.
- If the user doesn't exist then create and otherwise skip it.
- Now you can run the mentioned queries,

MYSQL_LIN: mysql> GRANT all ON . to admin@’plesk_server_IP’;
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Now do not forget to replace Username and passwords with actual Admin’s and Plesk server IP with Actual IP addresses.

Back