• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Trying to create pmadb... ERROR 1047 at line 31: Unknown command

I

ian.foulds

For any of you poor souls who are experiencing a totally dreadful time trying to update to 7.5.3, here is the solution to errors I have experienced.

During the installation of psa I received the error: "Trying to create pmadb... ERROR 1047 at line 31: Unknown command"

After several hours of debugging install scripts and rebuilding rpms I tracked this down to a GRANT command when trying to build the phpMyAdmin database.

The reason was that 'skip-grant-tables' had been included in /etc/my.cnf to resolve some other issues elsewhere, I removed it, restarted mysqld, and it worked. This can also be achieved by putting a "FLUSH PRIVILEGES;" in the install script just to make sure but SW-Soft didn't bother!!!

FYI the catalogue of errors I have encountered upgrading from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3 as as follows:

1. "Database integrity check failed: duplicate values of (action_id, component) exist in table log_components"
The data in psa.log_components was saved and deleted as suggested in some other forum posts.

2. "Table 'psa.ControlVisibility' doesn't exist"
Ran a script to convert tables frorm mySQL to InnoDB format - see posting "Urgent - Failed Upgrade to 7.5.3" for details.

3. "Trying to create pmadb... ERROR 1047 at line 31: Unknown command"
See above for a solution.

SW-Soft please note - ALL these errors, and I do mean ALL, could have been prevented by by better testing and better installation scripts. Your ineptitude has cost me a lot of time and aggrevation.

Back