1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to login to mysql with MySql Administrator.

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by MarcusInMd, Sep 21, 2005.

1. MarcusInMd

MarcusInMd Guest

Keep getting an error Access denied for user such and such using passowrd YES.

I am using the username and password that I use to login to plesk control panel on our server. I have also tried various DB usernames and passwords.

Anyone have an idea of why this is not working?

Using the lastest windows version of mysql Adminsitrator on a remote computer.

Mysql version 4.0.24

2. TFlea

TFlea Guest

I'd like an answer to this to, exact same problem

3. CoKo

CoKo Guest

Did you run mysql_fix_privilege_tables after the MySQL upgrade?

4. edispah

edispah Guest

Hi

Im not a Plesk Guru but have some Mysql experience.

My guess would be that as you are trying to access mysql from a remote computer that computer does not have permission to access it.

If you have ssh access type

mysql -u admin -p
    Type your admin password

You get to a mysql> prompt

type

mysql> use mysql
    mysql> select * from user;

This will show the user privilage table - take a look at the host column, I would guess yours will say localhost which means that only users from the localhost can connect.

Take a look at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/privilege-system.html for an explanation of how privlages work in mysql

Hope this helps

Paul