• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

trying to migrate but cannot install the Backup Manager

kadoudal

Regular Pleskian
I am running 9.5.2 (temp key until migration is ready) and I need to install the Backup Manager module
Unfortunately when trying to install it.... I get a dependency error :

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
psa-api-rpc: Depends: psa-api (= 9.5.2-debian5.0.build95100504.17) but 10.1.0-debian5.0.build101091208.17 is to be installed

It seems that the Update manager is willing to update also the Base packages to 10.1.0 which I don't want but I cannot avoid ..... how can I install only the Bcakup Manager ????

I have the following modules installed :

Component Your version Latest version Status
Base packages of Plesk 9.5.2-debian5.0.build95100504.17 10.1.0-debian5.0.build101091208.17 You have an up-to-date version

Plesk API [former Plesk Agent] 9.5.2-debian5.0.build95100504.17 Not installed
Plesk Backup Manager 9.5.2-debian5.0.build95100504.17 Not installed

Just try to remove this extra psa-api-10.1.0-debian5.0.build101091208.17 package.

Thanks Igor, but from where ? and how ?

I tried to run the command from the console(without the base..) .. but same issue

/opt/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --enable-xml-output --source-type=plesk --target=/root/psa --select-release-id=PLESK_9_5_2 [email protected] --install-component=api --install-component=backup-ded

Find all psa-api packages installed on your server with

# dpkg -l psa-api

Right, it is from SMB. But you can't install Plesk and SMB to the same server.

I don't know what's doing there .... I want to backup my accounts ... then remove 9.5.2 (which is a temp licence given by sales until backup is done) then I want to install SMB (I bought a licence...)
How shoudl I proceed ? ... I need to Backup first ... (don't want to proceed by hand;.)

I think that you should contact support team. Or just migrate all to other Plesk server with Migration Manager.

that's what I did .. but they just sent me a link to the migartion document... which indicates that I should use the Backup Manager ... which cannot be installed ... so it's chicken and egg ;-))
I dont understand why I have this base upgrade to 10.0 indicated ...

Back