• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Trying to remove page title & subtitle

V

visionburst

My logo already includes the page title and subtitle, so I want to remove it from the design area of the template. Can anyone tell me how I can do this?

I don't want to just leave these blank because if I do that, they won't show up in the title tags for the page.

There is no way to remove title and subtitle from design area of the template. You can only leave it as blank. As I know in future versions page title tag should be defined separately.

Is there a way to edit the template directly?

I am not advanced enough to follow your instructions on creating new templates, but is there a way to duplicate existing templates and make minor edits to the duplicate version?

Thanks!

Yes, you can actually duplicate existing template easily and make any changes there directly. Let's say you wish to get duplicate template for 'template'. All files related to template are stored in /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/templates/template directory. You need to copy files and change template name in info.xml file, so

# cp -rp /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/templates/template /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/templates/template_duplicate

After that edit file /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/templates/template_duplicate/info.xml and update template id from:

<template id="template" to <template id="template_duplicate"

Id should be the same as directory name. After that run following command to update list of templates in Sitebuilder database:

# sb_config --update_templates

Do not forget to add new template into appropriate plan so it could be available through Wizard.
As soon as template is ready you can go into /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/templates/template_duplicate directory and make any changes you need there.
Hope it helps.

Back