• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Trying to upgrade to new SSL Cert, no luck

J

JerkyChew

Please bear with me, as I am still learning the ins and outs of plesk.

We have a secure server named secure.ourdomain.com. This cert just expired, and we ordered a replacement cert. I went to qualityssl.com with the order number given to me, and downloaded the certificate and BundledRootCA Certificate.

I logged into plesk, opened Certificates, and clicked on our existing-but-expired certificate name. I then go into 'Upload Certificate files' and browse to the crt file I got from qualitySSL. I tell it to upload the file, and click yes when prompted to overwrite the file. I then get an error saying "Unable to set the CD certificate: The CA Certificate does not sign the certificate."

I did some searching, and came across this forum link with the same issue. They recommend downloading Root 5 from this site, but I have no idea where to go from there.

How can I fix this? Any help would be HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks!

Download root 5 from the url and then go to your domain's ssl cert repository in plesk and upload it as the CA certificate.

I did what you said, and still receive an error. Here's what I did:

Logged into Plesk. Went to list of domains, clicking on secure.mydomain.com (replacing my realdomain with 'mydomain', obviously).

Under certificates, there was one cert called securecert. I clicked on it. In the 'upload certificate files', I clicked browse, and pointed to Equifax_Secure_Global_eBusiness_CA-1.cer, which is the root 5 cert I got from the previous forum's link. Click Send File, click overwrite file when prompted, and I get "Unable to set the CA certificate. The CA Certificate does not sign the certificate."

Am I missing something? Sorry if this is rudimentary stuff that I should know - I have read the plesk docs in depth, and can't find an answer. I've updates certs in Apache manually, but never through plesk. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.

Have you gone here?http://www.qualityssl.com/en/support/cert_installation.html

I'm not even certain that the equifax root cert signs the qualityssl cert. You have to log in to their interface to get better installation directions. Did you specify what type of server you are running? I've found that simply entering in Apache when purchasing a cert doesn't work. Plesk is kinda weird like that. Sorry I couldn't help ya.

Back