• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Trying to use Redis (and other extensions) with Docker

KooTjoo

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I have a VPS with Onyx and am trying to get things working. I am completely new to Onyx and especially to Docker. I want to use Redis with one of my subscriptions but can't get it to work. Does anyone know some sort of manual on how to use docker and especially acivating it for a subscription.

I have managed to install the Redis from Docker but what next? How do I activate it for a domain.

I use Redis now on 12.5 and this all goes well. In CLI is can test Redis but how do I proceed wih this on Onyx.

It is not a live server and I want to test out more things like Varnish, Nginx etc.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
KooTjoo

I have a VPS with Onyx
Note that Docker feature is supported and can be used only on VPS of Virtuozzo 7 with Update 1 Hotfix 1 (7.0.1-686) or later installed.
If it is ok and docker is supported, up and running, you need to setup port mapping of default Redis service port 6379 to the port which will be used for connection from your webapps on domain.
More details you can find here https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/onyx/administrator-guide/plesk-administration/using-docker.75823/

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I have already seen this explanation but do you know if there is a more in depth manual or instructions for this? As far as I can see in my Plesk Panel the Redis is running. I want to test out Magento with it and have added the correct Redis configuration for it. But it doesn't seem to work.

docker_1.jpg docker_2.jpg

I'm not familiar with Magento and Redis integration, but maybe you can set port mapping manually, check that this port is accessible from Magento side (with telnet at least) and apply this mapped Redis port somewere in Magento configuration?

Maybe someone in our community more familiar with Magento than me and could give you more detailed instruction?

Ok, thanks. Is there a way I can test if Redis is active? On my other server I can test with redis-cli etc.

Ok, thanks. Is there a way I can test if Redis is active? On my other server I can test with redis-cli etc.
Hi did you make any progress with this? I've just got to the same stage and am not sure what to try next. Trying to set up redis for a magneto 2 website.

Back