• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Turn off nginx proxy mode

Zicane

Basic Pleskian
Hi, if I want to switch off the proxy mode for nginx, I have to change PHP HANDLER:
from "FPM application served by Apache" to "FPM application served by Nginx"???

This seems logic to me, but Im not sure.

If turning off proxy mode needs other changes to do, tell me please.

Thank you for replies.

When you turn of "proxy mode", it means that Nginx will handle all requests to the website, including PHP. For that reason it does not make sense to keep an Apache PHP handler, but to change it to the Nginx PHP handler, because now Nginx has to process PHP requests. That is the correct behavior.

Other things you need to change are rewrite rules that you might have in an .htaccess file. The .htaccess file will no longer be processed, because that is an Apache thing. Instead, convert the rules into Nginx rules and put them into the "Additional Nginx configurations".

Hi Peter, I am always confused with on and off option. If you check and the checkbox does it mean off or on?

Please make it easy like I upload attached image.

Attachments

• on off.png
    on off.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 5
Does anyone know how to to turn off the proxy mode server-wide?.

I have more than 300 domains. I do not want to go one by one.
Try something like:

# for i in `mysql -uadmin -p\`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow\` psa -Ns -e "select name from domains"`; do /usr/local/psa/bin/subscription --update-web-server-settings $i -nginx-proxy-mode false; done

Back