• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Turn off Web Server (Apache) permanently

Aragato

New Pleskian
Hi guys,

I am using nginx exclusively for my websites/php stuff and I do not need apache anymore. I want to switch off Web Server (Apache) service permanently (see screenshot 1). But somehow or something turns it always back on. I am getting a lot of apache memory warnings lately. I just want to turn it off.

Please help.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 2
You can't use only one Nginx for web hosting. Most hosting features in Plesk require Apache.

Hmm, but everything is working fine when I turn of apache. All websites working well. It just turns itself on everytime and consumes memory for something I do not even know.

You can't permanently disable Apache in Services. Any action by Plesk will start Apache again. We never said that you can use only nginx for webhosting.

Back