• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

TWO BIG issues with queue at qmail

W

warrior

Hi folks,
we're having some BIG issues with the queue at a Plesk 7.5r with qmail.

1. When a user sends mails, some of these mails just stay in the queue and never get delivered, although the deliverying servers are working fine.

We have for example a mail at the queue for my account at yahoo.com . I know that this yahoo address is working; I can send and receive mails from that account. Even if I send an email later from my Plesk to the mentioned yahoo account, using the same configuration, the mail gets delivered. It would be easy to find out what's going on, if any mails to these domains wouldn't be delivered, but just few of them are getting stucked.

This is something never happen to us before. We have no clue what's going on at the server. What we know is that our clients are getting very angry! :-(

We have qmail with the 4psa server assistant, 4psa qmail manager, the 4psa clean server and also the spam guardian. Our server requires authentication por SMTP and the POP3 lock time is deactivated for more security. However with our without POP3 lock the problem is the same.

2. The other BIG problem is that some emails don't appear at our queue, but the recipient never receive them. Or the other way down, that user sends an email to an account at our server, but it never get delivered nor is at their queue. 97% from the mails are getting delivered, but this 3% are causing enormous problems to our clients.

Any advice and/or support would be much appretiated.

michael

Back