• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Two different MysQL Database versions on Ubuntu Server?

TheGamer

New Pleskian
We are using Plesk Onyx 17.5x version for our Ubuntu Server. There are 2 Database-Servers installed on the server. The first one must remain with version 5.5.57. The second one however must be upgraded to 5.7. Is it possible to maintain the two version running on the Server at the same time? Yes? And how do i update it just like see'n in the screenshot?

screenshot.jpg

Many thanx :)

If I correctly understood, the database server that should be upgraded to 5.7 version is the remote server, right? In this case, just perform upgrade MySQL on this server and if database server version will not be updated in Plesk automatically - update it in Plesk database with something like:

# plesk db
MariaDB [psa]> update DatabaseServers set server_version="5.7.xx" where id=xx;

The second server is installed with Plesk. I just added a new Database-Server and enter the IP address of the Server. Somehow i could not create a Server with a differtent name and port number :(

Hi TheGamer,

Somehow i could not create a Server with a differtent name and port number
It's quite hard to GUESS, where you might have some misconfigurations, so pls. consider to provide MORE informations about the actual configuration files - for BOTH database - servers - ( you have the choice to attach them to your next post ), so that people willing to help you have something to start with their investigations.

My Question and screenshot is very clear i think.
  • Created a Second MySQL Database-Server with Plesk Onyx 17.5
  • Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
  • Both MySQL Database-Servers are running in 5.5.57
Need to:
  1. Upgrade the second Database-Server (like in the Screenshot) into 5.7x
  2. Keep the MySQL host databases in 5.5.57

Back