• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Two mail buttons - mail & remote mail

Snowmon

New Pleskian
Hi

On our one control panel there are two mail buttons, the regular one for remote mail, and then another one under services called just 'mail'.
I need to remove the just mail one because it's confusing a lot of people.
I've tried fiddling around in Server -> Interface management but can't find a way to get rid of this button.
Help would be much appreciated.

Hello,

You can easily hide predefined groups of buttons from the Plesk interface. In this case, users do not see the controls they are not allowed to operate or the features that are not supported (services not installed).

To hide groups of buttons:

1. Click the Server shortcut in the navigation pane.
2. Click the Interface Management icon in the Control Panel group.
3. Click the Interface templates tab.
4. Click the Preferences icon in the Tools group.
5. Select the check boxes to hide the following groups of controls:
* Grayed out buttons. Originally, grayed out icons in the control panel interface show services or components that are not installed and, hence, cannot be managed through the control panel. You can hide these buttons to prevent users from being disappointed that some services are unavailable. To hide all unavailable buttons, select the Hide all grayed out buttons by default check box.
* Limit management controls. To prevent users from viewing grayed out limit management controls they are not allowed to operate, select the Hide from users the limit management controls they are not allowed to operate check box.
* Permission management controls. To prevent users from viewing grayed out permission management controls they are not allowed to operate, select the Hide from users the permission management controls they are not allowed to operate check box.
6. Under Button sets, select the check boxes to hide the following sets of buttons or other control panel elements:
* Buttons related to services provided by MyPlesk.com online store. If you are reselling domain registration services and SSL certificates, select the check boxes Hide buttons for domain registration, Hide buttons for certificate purchasing, and Hide buttons for extra services. All buttons related to MyPlesk.com will be removed from the control panel at all user levels.
* Mail bounce controls. If you wish to prohibit your users from using their own mail bounce policies for e-mail addressed to nonexistent e-mail recipients within their domains, select the Hide mail bounce controls check box.
* Control panel items that promote third-party services: link to Fotolia Web site (stock photos) and newsfeeds from www.moreover.com which are shown in the default pages for newly hosted Web sites and in the Webmail application.
7. Click OK.

Please, see the following documentation article for more information:

http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...plesk-8.6-unix-administrators-guide/17849.htm

Thank you

Thanks for the response, but I tried this and it doesn't remove the mail button.
I checked all boxes under Preferences. I see our other server that doesn't have the mail button, doesn't have any of those boxes checked.

I also tried going to Desktop presets and removing all mail functions for all desktops. This didn't change anything.

Do I have to restart the CP service or something before those changes will reflect or is it supposed to be instantly visible?

regards
simon

Hi

Thanks for the response, but I tried that and it didn't remove the mail button.
Do I have to restart any services before the changes will reflect?

I ticked all check boxes in the Interface Templates -> Preferences screen.
I also under Desktop Presets removed all functions related to mail for all desktops.

But I see on our other Linux server that doesn't have the mail button, that all
those checkboxes are not ticked. So I'm not sure if that's the problem.

regards
simon

Back