• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Ubuntu 12.04 help

bcaza27

New Pleskian
Help!

I have decided to change from a windows server to a ubuntu server and have started installing 12.04 on my server.

I have partitioned the entire drive array, and have picked the LAMP option to install....

Before I go too far, I want to know if those are correct and what other options I need to install for Ubuntu....

Thanks!

The Linux Autoinstaller will take care of installing all the packages needed by Plesk. It's so much easier to install Plesk on Linux than it is on Windows.

It doesn't hurt if you have installed something (say MySQL Server), but you don't need certain packages before running the Autoinstaller.

Hope this helps!

So if I use the autoinstaller, should it be prompting me or just doing the install with defaults already set?

It'll do it all by itself as if by magic, without prompting you. Installation can take about 20-30minutes and will eventually give you a login URL (such as https://yourdomain.com:8443 or your IP like https://11.22.33.44:8443). After that Plesk will instal the latest micro updates which can take another few minutes during which time the web interface may be unresponsive.

At the end you should see a message like "Complete", and you're back to the command prompt - ready to enjoy Plesk ;-)

Hi,

please do be aware that if you have installed the LAMP stack and set a MySQL Password, that the autoinstaller of Plesk might fail.
Actually it is best to start off with a minimal Ubuntu 12.04 and then use the autoinstaller of Plesk.

The Autoinstaller will prompt you for what options you want installed. Usually you can just use "Typical Installation".

Once complete it will supply you with a Login URL as Jay said.

To retrieve the Admin Password that was set during install type the following command:
# /usr/local/psa/bin/admin --show-password

As an alternative you may also login as root with the Password of your SSH root Account.
You will then be prompted to setup a password for the admin User. As of then you should use the admin User and password to login.

Regards,
Kristian

Back