• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Un-usable migration manager

bizzehdee

New Pleskian
Hi,

i have a source server that runs plesk 11 and has roughly 5500 websites running from it.

i am attempting to migrate around half of these to a new server, but when attempting to use the plesk migration tool, i find myself waiting for hours for plesk to pass what seems from the logs to be, a simple xml file. and when i finally give up, and then later check the migration tool again and see that it is "awaiting start". I try and click on the migration, only to wait hours again, now using 100% cpu, to read a simple xml file so ask me which of the websites i want to transfer. and the one time (out of 6 attempts so far), i actually got to telling the migration tool which sites i wanted to move, a few short minutes after pressing next, i got a nginx timeout in plesk panel and now cannot access the list of sites again, and no transfer has happened at all.

is there any point in my continuing with this pain or should i just write my own migration tool which will set everything up properly and quickly?

Back