• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable for the site to connect to the database

ivovelv

New Pleskian
Hello, I have an asp.net website, and I need help in figuring how to fully upload my website on the server (as I saw it uses this panel, so found this forum, and decided to try my luck with a help from here)...

What I have problem, is with the database. I would like to know how could I upload my already created database (.mdf file) from my pc to the server. What I first did, is, I uploaded all the files from my project in the "httpdocs" (including both App_Data and App_Code files). But as I see, this is not a way to upload the database. The site is working correctly, but when it gets to a place where it needs to connect with the database, it trows an error something in the lines that the file (database) could not be found...

Is it that I need to change something at the connection string (in the web.config file)? Or there is some other thing I need to do (some different way to upload the database...)?

You can just create needed database from Plesk Panel and then import content of database from your dump of database.

Back