• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to access 'Business ...' area of Control Panel

SAttraction

Basic Pleskian
All,

I have recently upgraded to Plesk 10.0.1.

All of the the links in the left hand margin relating to 'Business' ('Operations', 'Monitoring' and 'Set Up') are trying to call a URL with localhost.localdomain as opposed to my server's URL.

I have followed the following KBases :-

http://kb.odin.com/en/6030

http://kb.odin.com/en/6171

But it still doesn't work. I appreciate the above to links refer to Plesk 9.x. but I have changed the 'server' and 'relay' using the sso command in shell to my server's URL but it still doesn't work.

Does anybody know how I can remedy this and have my server's domain name automatically populated instead of localhost.localdomain ?

Thanks in advance.

Darran

Hi there Igor,

Many thanks for the reply.

I'd already applied my server name in the /etc/hosts file but this didn't have any affect.

Having read the Plesk 10 documentation, I was under the impression that Plesk 10 has to run in SSO mode. Is this the case or can SSO be disabled ?

I'll take a look at the database field you've mentioned above later on today and confirm within this thread whether or not amending it has worked.

Also, will this have any affect on e-mails being sent from the server using @localhost.localdomain ?

Thanks again.

Darran

Thanks for the replies, Igor.

I mananged to update the ppb-url parameter value in the Plesk database (this field is actually in HEX as opposed to ASCII or free text, so I had to convert the URL into HEX and then update).

I'm still experiencing issues when using the two panels (Plesk 10.0.1 and Business Manager) in so much as there appears to be two different admin accounts operating each control panel. This is more than a little odd as SSO is enabled so I would have thought it would require only the one login.

I'm continuing to work on a set-up whereby I only use to one sign-on account and can access both the main Plesk control panel and Business Manager.

At least I have the correct links in Plesk to Business Manager now, even if I do need to sign-on again if I need to access Business Manager.

Thanks again.

Darran

Hi Igor,

I suffered in a similar way, I couldnt get into the panel as every time I went to the panel URL I was redirected to the localhost.localdomain URL.

I changed the Linux Hostname, I used the 2 x SSO utility functions to change the hostname, then I went through the PSA database and using a hex convertor changed every instance I found to the correct hostname. Doing this stopped the redirect and gave me access to the panel.

Then every time I clicked a business related link, I was redirected to the localhost.localdomain URL again. I could not find any more parameters to change!

So I reinstalled Linux and Plesk 10.0.1 and this time entered the correct hostname at the panel initialisation stage during setup. Everything is now working fine!

However, this is not acceptable as when the server is built and I colo in the data centre I will need to change the hostname again.

So for the benefit of all who would wish to change their hostnames, please provide a list of parameters which need to be changed and their locations (EG. MySQL>PSA>Misc or resolv.conf, etc etc).

What would also be useful is the method to change each parameter and any services which need to be restarted to effect the change.

Plesk 10 looks promising so far, but being unable to change the hostname in a straight forward manner makes the system useless.

A timely response would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Pete

Back