• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to Activate New Firewall Configurations

pierre88

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
i have a problem with Plesk Firewall (Plesk 10.4.4 on Centos)

I added a new rule to block an IP, when i click on Activate to apply the new rule, the plesk give me a error:

Warning: The current configuration has not been activated. The system has been reverted to the previous configuration. This has occured because there were connection problems between your browser and the server. Most probably, the reason is that you have arranged the configuration so that connections from your computer to the server are prohibited.

How to solve?

Thanks

I just received this error message after I added a new blocked ip.

Code:
Error: Could not activate firewall configuration:

safeact: safeact: /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/firewall-new.sh failed:
iptables: Unknown error 18446744073709551615

I ssh into the box and ran /etc/init.d/psa-firewall restart and it restart successfully and it looks like the new ips are there.. Odd.

Do you know what is and where is the config of psa-firewall?

I solved removing the psa-firewall and using only iptables, fail2ban now works properly with iptables after i removed psa-firewall

Do you know what is and where is the config of psa-firewall?

I solved removing the psa-firewall and using only iptables, fail2ban now works properly with iptables after i removed psa-firewall

Hey Pierre88,

Yea the config for the psa-firewall are at /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/

See KB111283 for all Logs and Configs

Back