1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to Activate New Firewall Configurations

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by pierre88, Apr 14, 2012.

1. pierre88

pierre88 Basic Pleskian

23%
    Hello,
    i have a problem with Plesk Firewall (Plesk 10.4.4 on Centos)

I added a new rule to block an IP, when i click on Activate to apply the new rule, the plesk give me a error:

Warning: The current configuration has not been activated. The system has been reverted to the previous configuration. This has occured because there were connection problems between your browser and the server. Most probably, the reason is that you have arranged the configuration so that connections from your computer to the server are prohibited.

How to solve?

Thanks

2. JustinGivens

JustinGivens Basic Pleskian

85%
    I just received this error message after I added a new blocked ip.

Code:
    Error: Could not activate firewall configuration:

safeact: safeact: /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/firewall-new.sh failed:
    iptables: Unknown error 18446744073709551615

3. JustinGivens

85%
    I ssh into the box and ran /etc/init.d/psa-firewall restart and it restart successfully and it looks like the new ips are there.. Odd.

4. pierre88

pierre88 Basic Pleskian

23%
    Do you know what is and where is the config of psa-firewall?

I solved removing the psa-firewall and using only iptables, fail2ban now works properly with iptables after i removed psa-firewall

5. JustinGivens

85%
    Hey Pierre88,

Yea the config for the psa-firewall are at /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/

See KB111283 for all Logs and Configs