• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue unable to connect mail service (mail hosting on plesk)e manage mail

Sdivito

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi everyone,

I have a question about a problem that's driving me crazy.
Scenario:
I have two domains with the final extension .it (both under the same domain registrar, Ionos).
when I add them to my server, both are recognized by DomainConnect, which prompts me to associate them. the problem arises for the mail service. despite having reset the DNS configurations (both on plesk and on Ionos), in one case, it requires me to associate with the domain connect (mail service), in the other. no.
Then, for the second domain, I manually add the various records in the dns (A for the mail entry, A for the Webmail entry, the defaultKey, the Dmarc etc etc.), so I can access the mailbox but the problem then arises in sending and receiving. Not only does it not send with error 550 .5.7.25, but also sending from other accounts, I still get error 550.

Can someone help me?

We need more information from /var/log/maillog. Could you please show the log entries relevant to send or receive attempts on that server for the mail addresses in question?

Hi and thanks for the replies. forgive me but I made a mix of mistakes, and I try to list them.
1. addition of domains and "management" of the mail service with plesk:
scenario: two ".it" domains added, purchased by the same domain registrar IONOS. firstly, the system correctly asks me to "associate" it with Plesk both for the domain and for the mail service", the second does not show me the "request for the mail service". even if I reset the dns several times (both on ionos and on plesk).
2. .eu domain with emails already present.
for about 10 days both sending and receiving does not work. Also for this domain, by resetting the various DNS, only the request for domainconnect management with plesk appears, but not that of the mail service. So I manually add the missing entries in the DNS under ionos, the webmail service is ok, but anyway the mails neither arrive nor leave.

Back