• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Unable To Connect With Outgoing (SMTP) Email Server Error

Richard_Duncan

New Pleskian
Has anyone had this problem of setting up Outlook 2010 to connect to the SMTP email server? I've checked all mail options in the Server tab and in each site mail options but cannot locate the error. POP runs fine, Outlook is set to Authenticate on either 25 or 587 for SMTP but it's not happening.

We use Plesk 12 on a Windows Server 2012 R2.

I'd appreciate any ideas on how to fix this!

Thanks in advance.

Make sure that ports 25 and 587 are not firewalled at least.
Can you connect to these ports from your Outlook workstation with telnet?

Thank you, Igor. I did find a way to correct the issue. I set up a rule in the firewall to accept port 587 from my local IP and, by happenstance, it worked.
I really appreciate that you checked on it for me. I am new to Plesk 12, I came from version 10, and I've had to learn a lot by trial and error.

Thanks,

Rick

Back