• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to enable recidive jail in Fail2Ban

martijnpeek

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am not able to enable the recidive jail in Fail2Ban. I get the following error:

Code:
Unable to switch on the selected jails: f2bmng failed: WARNING 'ignoreregex' not defined in 'Definition'. Using default one: ''
ERROR No file(s) found for glob /var/log/fail2ban.log
ERROR Failed during configuration: Have not found any log file for recidive jail
ERROR:f2bmng:Command '['/usr/bin/fail2ban-client', 'reload', 'recidive']' returned non-zero exit status 255
ERROR:f2bmng:Failed to reload following jails due to errors in configuration: recidive

There is indeed no /var/log/fail2ban.log, but I doubt that manually creating it will correctly fix this problem.

The problem is also discussed @ http://kb.odin.com/en/120961, but in my case I have not switched on jails before switching on fail2ban. Also, the given resolution does not work.

Can you help me?

touch /var/log/fail2ban.log

...will create this log, if it wasn't created during the installation. Fail2ban will not start working untill this log exists.

If this log isn't created, you never had fail2ban working at all... this log is essential for fail2ban to start. Fail2ban will never start without this log and therefore no reports, bans, or even specific fail2ban - iptaples-chains. It is just not working at all without this log.

Back