• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable to export a dump

Hadi

New Pleskian
Hello
In plesk 12.5 when customers want to take backup ( dump database ) below error occurs

Unable to export a dump of DBXXXXXX:
  • Unable to backup database 'DBXXXXX'
  • Login failed for user 'XXXXX'.
  • (Error code 21)

Please see below screenshot
Pasteboard — Uploaded Image

Would you please inform me how I can fix this error ?
Thanks

I think that first, you need to be sure that you have access to this database for this user XXXXX with the appropriate password.

I think that first, you need to be sure that you have access to this database for this user XXXXX with the appropriate password.
Hello
this website and all websites are working properly wthout any issue but only in taking backup it looks like Plesk doesn't have access to take backup;
What access you mean I should check and how I should do it ?
Thanks

Hi Hadi,

pls. provide MORE informations, if you desire help from the Plesk Community.

YOUR current operating system
YOUR current Plesk version
( incl. #MU )

This informations could be displayed easily by using the command "plesk version" over your command line as user "root" over SSH. ;)

Next, pls. provide informations about your current used database - server:
Code:
mysql -V

Can you confirm, that your USERNAME and the corresponding PASSWORD are correct? Pls. check it for example over the command line with:
Code:
mysqldump -u Badran -p YOUR-PASSWORD-FOR-THE-USER-BADRAN badranpn > badranpn_dump.sql

Back