• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Unable to find IPv4 address of "stock.ovh

entrecontrastes

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

I would like to share a recurring problem I have been experiencing with my Apache server and seek help to resolve it. Here is the detailed breakdown of my situation:

Lately I have been running into intermittent problems with my OVH hosted Apache server. The specific error I find in the Apache error_log is "cannot find the IPv4 address of "stock.ovh"". To temporarily resolve this issue, I modified the hosts file by adding the word "stock.ovh" to the first line of my hosts file "127.0.1.1 vps-numversion.vps.ovh.net vps-numversion stock.ovh". (numversion is my vps server version) This solution worked but next day the problem occurs again and I find that the modification I made to the hosts file is reverted i.e. the line I added disappears. (just the word stock.ovh)

This cycle of temporary resolution and recurrence of the problem is affecting the availability and performance of my web services hosted on the Apache server. Additionally, I have noticed that restarting the Apache server is essential for my web pages to work again.

I've checked the permissions on the hosts file and I have the appropriate privileges to edit it. However, it seems like something is automatically reverting my changes and I can't identify the root cause of this behavior.

I would greatly appreciate any help, suggestions or advice to permanently resolve this issue and ensure the stability of my Apache server on OVH. If anyone has previous experience with these types of problems or knows of any potential solutions, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Also, I would like to apologize for posting this on the Plesk forum when the problem may be due to OVH. It's worth mentioning that I'm an OVH customer and I also have a VPS, and when websites go down they show a "Bad Gateway Error".

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

PS Also, the information about the operating system and version of my system is as follows: Debian 3.16.81-1x86_64 GNU/Linux

Update: When accessing Plesk I get the message "Apache and PHP-FPM memory usage threshold has been exceeded." Maybe it can be related to this problem.

Back