• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to generate temporary file: tempnam(): file created

Erico Morais

New Pleskian
Hy there!

We've been experiencing an issue with one of our Plesk servers, it appears to have begun yesterday. It turns out anytime we attempt to setup a new customer account, the following error comes up:

"Error: Unable to generate temporary file: tempnam(): file created"

I can't seem to find any tips in your KB regarding this issue. All partitions are correctly mounted read-write and, other than account creation, everything else appears to be working out just fine.

The server is a Windows 2016 Standard VM running Plesk Onyx (17.8.11). Any hints on what might be going on?

Thanks!

Try to fix it with the following steps:
  1. Open Plesk Reconfigurator.
  2. Go to Repair Plesk Installation > Plesk Services
  3. Click "Check" button

Thank you, IgorG! I'm afraid that didn't solve it. I went to "Repair Plesk Installation", selected only "Plesk Services" and then ran the check, a few seconds later it returned to Plesk Reconfigurator's initial screen but the error is still taking place when trying to create a new account. Restarting Plesk's services didn't do the trick either.

By the way, I think I missed the last part of the error message in my original post. The whole message is:

"Error: Unable to generate temporary file: tempnam(): file created in the system's temporary directory"

What else can we try?

Thanks!

It was brought to my attention one day after following those steps the server went back to normal on its own despite the fact that my immediate tests didn't show any progress. It was delayed but I can attest the procedure above worked out after all. Thanks!

Back